The COYCH is a Sports Club, one of our goals is to train regatta sailors and bring them to the highest level. At the same time, we develop activities of sailing schools, club schools and leisure activities. We are also organisers of many nautical events (regattas from the departmental criterium to international regattas).
This Sailing Club was created in 1982 and affiliated to the French Sailing Federation, approved for Youth and Sport, with the labels Ecole Française de Voile, Voile Loisirs, Equipe de Club and Equipe Compétition.
The COYCH is a leading club of this series in France and our riders have shone on all the regional, national and international podiums. The prize list is growing year after year for the youngest students as well as for the masters.
Since 2009, the COYCH is CED, i.e. Centre d’Entraînement Départemental ILCA. The best sailors from the Var are gathered on this structure. Once a month, they come to train at the Nautical Base.
Some of the international events previously organised by the COYCH were the Melges 24 Worlds 2006 and 2016, Europeans 2009, Star Worlds 2012, SB20 Worlds 2013 & 2020, Europa Cups Laser, Worlds Laser Master 2014, Europeans Laser 4.7 2019.
- The 2019 renovated Nautical Base provides 2 space of toilets and showers plus a second toilets are at the Yacht Club
- Two big parking areas
- Charter boats and spares shop: Marçon Yachting
- Security company to be on site during the nights from 20 to 8
- Lots of restaurant and snacks around the port
There are two local wind directions: East wind with good wave for sailing from 6 to 20 knots, or West wind from 6 to 25 knots. No tidals.
Lots of hotels, camping and accommodation will be available during the championship period. More info on https://www.hyeres-tourism.co.uk/
How to get here
Nearest airport at 10 minutes walking distance, train station at 10 minutes by car Highway arriving directly in Hyères town.
- Motor homes parking is not allowed (city restriction), but lots of camping are available with spots and low prices.
- The bay is a no fly zone for drones.